Since the last week of February 2020, Broadmead Care has worked swiftly and diligently to implement measures to protect the people who live and work with us, under the direction of the Ministry of Health, Provincial Health Officer, and Island Health. The health and wellbeing of your loved one has always been at the centre of any decision we have made, and this continues to be our priority. Unfortunately, today we need to let you know that four residents have tested positive for COVID-19.
What you need to know
- Four residents have tested positive for COVID-19 at Rest Haven Lodge (RHL) on the second floor
- The Medical Health Officer has declared an Outbreak at RHL, second floor
- The residents who tested positive are currently isolated in their respective rooms.
- Residents and team members in impacted areas will be monitored twice daily for symptoms.
- The affected rooms and common areas continue to be under enhanced cleaning and infection controls measures.
- Staff movement will be limited wherever possible.
- There is no congregate dining or group activities for residents of affected area.
- Broadmead Care is in contact with Island Health.
- Designated single social, essential, and end-of-life visits are allowed, however please understand the risks, and follow all COVID-19 protocols.
While we have taken every precaution to try to prevent a COVID-19 positive test, we have always understood that it was still possible this could happen. Please be assured that team members in all our Care Homes are very familiar with infection control protocols.
We will continue to follow the guidance of Island Health and the BC Centre for Disease Control.
What you need to do
If you have not been contacted by Island Health or Broadmead Care directly, your loved one is not affected.
We wish to assure you we will continue to make decisions in the best interests of residents and staff. The safety and wellbeing of our residents and team members is of the utmost importance to us. We will keep you updated as information becomes available. You may also visit our COVID-19 Care Home Status webpage (www.broadmeadcare.com/covid-19-status) for the most up-to-date information.
We invite you to use our Keep Connected webpage to send messages, or upload videos or photos for your loved ones. We will share these messages with them as soon as we can. We also invite you to send messages of thanks and support to the amazing team members who are working tirelessly to ensure your loved one’s health and safety. It gives them a boost to hear from you!
Thank you for your understanding and support as together we face this latest COVID-19 challenge.