Nestled in the heart of James Bay, Beckley Farm Lodge is home to 64 seniors who require long term care services.
At Beckley Farm Lodge, seniors experience a sense of belonging, respect, and acceptance. Here, people participate in activities that support both mind and body. Here, all are given the opportunity to live as fully as possible. Here, people enjoy home-cooked meals, neighbours, creative arts, music, spiritual care, and more. Here at Beckley Farm Lodge, people experience high quality, person centred care, and are celebrated and valued for who they are.
Beckley Farm Lodge is a beautiful two-storey home nestled in a quaint neighbourhood located in the heart of James Bay. One of five Broadmead Care homes in Greater Victoria area, it is home to 64 seniors who require long term care, plus one room reserved for respite care. Beckley Farm Lodge also has an active Adult Day Program, offering 3,000 spaces annually, as well as community outreach through the Adult Seniors Enjoying Life program.
Learn about our Adult Day or Community Outreach Program
Living at Beckley Farm Lodge
All areas are wheelchair accessible. Beckley Farm Lodge is unable to support motorized scooters or motorized wheelchairs.
- Four dining rooms – three on the second floor, and a larger one on the lower level
- Multipurpose rooms for recreation and activities
- Secure outdoor garden area
- Secured environment for residents with dementia
- Lounge areas for residents and families to socialize and enjoy recreational activities
- Televisions in each dining area as well as a large-screen TV and entertainment centre in the grand room
- Community Bathing Program
- Hair salon (fee for service)
- Located in James Bay, close to grocery stores, and coffee shops
- Bank of Montreal and Coast Capital are close by
- Public transit close by
While pets are not permitted to live here, we welcome visiting pets and recognize the importance and value that pets have for many people. All visiting pets must be leashed at all times, have current vaccinations and be well mannered. Pets are not allowed in any area where food is prepared or served.
Beckley Farm Lodge has a number of Pet Therapy Volunteers who visit with their pets. These pet visitors are certified by either the Pacific Animal Therapy Society (PATS), or the St. John Ambulance Pet Therapy Program.
- The following opportunities are provided as a result of our generous community who contribute on an annual basis to support resident programs, specialized equipment and capital projects.
- Entertainment and Happy Hour
- Physical and mental programs designed to engage mind and body
- Bus outings
- Gardening program
- Cycling Without Age (trishaw program)
Safety and Security
- 24-hour on-site staffing including 24-hour nursing care
- 24-hour recorded closed-circuit TV cameras.
- Door are secured with magnetic release buttons/keypads.
- Key codes are required within elevator cars to enable access to service areas by authorized staff and guests.
- Safety handrails are provided throughout all corridors in the building
- Hand sanitizing stations are conveniently located throughout the facility and frequently touched areas are wiped throughout the day to minimize the risk of cross contamination and infectious outbreaks.
We value everyone’s health, and as such we support legislation intended to reduce cigarette smoking in all populations. Smoking inside the building is strictly prohibited, as is smoking on the property.
Spiritual Care is important, and arrangements can be made for people who wish to connect with their church, faith, or support group.
Accommodation and Cost
There are 64 publicly subsidized units and no private pay units. All residents enjoy the privacy of their own rooms, with partial ensuites. Supervised bathing is provided in specialized tubs.
The cost of long-term care starts at a minimum rate set by the Ministry of Health and increases according to the resident’s taxable income, to a maximum amount. The cost is set at 80% of the resident’s monthly taxable income, as filed on the resident’s annual tax return to Revenue Canada. The rate is updated annually based on the previous year’s tax return.
Make sure taxes are completed annually. If taxes have not been submitted by Canada Revenue Agency deadlines, the rate will default to the maximum amount. If you have questions about the long-term care rate, or concerns about your ability to pay the rate, please speak with your Case Manager at Island Health.
All admissions are managed by Island Health, through a Case Manager. Please contact Island Health directly at www.islandhealth.ca. For more information, please browse their website, or read/download Preparing for Long-Term Care available on the Island Health website.
There is a core group of physicians who may be assigned to newly admitted residents living at Broadmead Care homes. We can assist by arranging for the transfer of the your medical care to one of the core group physicians.
Residents are assigned to a physician who cares for a number of people at the Lodge, attends on a regular basis, coordinates care with other core physicians and works closely with care staff, under the supervision of Broadmead Care’s Medical Director.
Our Medical Director oversees the quality of medical care at all Broadmead Care homes and collaborates with Beckley Farm Lodge’s Medical Coordinator to initiate quality improvement programs such as regular medication reviews and medication optimization.
We know how important it is for those who live here to have family members and friends visit. Beckley Farm Lodge welcomes visitors at any time, based on the conditions, care needs, and expressed wishes of the residents.
During influenza season (typically December-March), to help protect patients from the flu, all visitors will be asked to wear a mask in our facilities if they have not had a flu shot. For more information, please read Island Health’s Frequently Asked Questions and Influenza Protection Policy.
Provincial policy requires all visitors to be informed: “Violence, foul language and abusive behaviours are not acceptable. Verbal threats or acts of violence will not be tolerated and may result in removal from Beckley Farm Lodge and/or prosecution.”
View Our Calendar of Events
Contact Beckley Farm Lodge
530 Simcoe St, Victoria, BC V8V 4W4Photo Gallery Virtual Tour
We need your help to build communities where people of all ages and abilities can experience wellbeing and happiness, and that provide a familiar, comfortable, caring environment that feels like home – their home.