Beckley Farm Lodge offers a comprehensive and diverse program of social, recreational, and therapeutic programs to those who come into our home for our Adult Day Program, or who access our community outreach programs in the James Bay Community.
Beckley Farm Lodge offers four community-oriented programs: the Adult Day Program; a bathing program; overnight respite care; and the Active Seniors Enjoying Life program, which provides recreational and meal programs at two offsite locations in the James Bay community. The goal of these outreach programs is to reduce isolation and loneliness for seniors living in the community who have a wide range of physical and cognitive issues. Programming includes exercise classes, games, guided walks, and lunch and dinner outings. Transportation for day clients to and from the Adult Day Program and for Active Seniors Enjoying Life outings is provided by the Beckley Farm Lodge transportation.
Access to the Adult Day Program at Beckley Farm Lodge is by referral through Island Health. The bathing and day programs are funded by Island Health. The Active Seniors Enjoying Life program is funded by Island Health, and access is arranged directly with Beckley Farm Lodge.
A Day in the Life of our Adult Day Program
- The program runs seven days a week, providing day and evening programs.
- While clients are arriving in the morning, they enjoy a social time over a morning coffee/tea and muffins. The morning program consists of exercises and mental aerobics to keep both the body and mind fit.
- A hot lunch is served at 12 noon and followed by a variety of programs throughout the week, consisting of sports or physical games, music, arts and crafts, or intergenerational programs.
- All programs are designed for the wide variety of client needs to welcome participation.
- An afternoon snack is provided before clients leave at the end of the day.
- There is qualified nursing and activity staff to provide assistance with monitoring and personal care needs.
- A bathing program using a specialized and dedicated tub room at the Lodge is offered to those in the community who require assistance with bathing.
- A qualified health care worker oversees and assists during the bath.
- Specialized equipment is available for those who are unable to stand and access the tub.
The cost of the program is covered by Island Health, however, there are additional costs as follows:
- There is a $5 meal charge for each program day attended. Clients will be billed at the end of the month.
- The cost for a one-way trip on the Beckley Farm Lodge bus is $2.50 ($5.00 round trip). HandyDART is an alternative; tickets must be purchased from the HandyDART driver. ADP staff will assist clients with their individual transportation plan.
- The cost for the bathing program is $5.
- The cost for overnight respite is $35 per night.
- Day Program clients have access to an overnight respite program at the Lodge that can allow families much-needed overnight respite care. Clients book for one night per week either on a weekly basis, or based on availability.
- At the time of admission, transportation options are reviewed with the clients or their family members to determine their needs based on their geographical area.
- Transportation options include the Beckley Farm Lodge bus, family, friends, taxi, or HandyDART.
Contact our Adult Day Program
530 Simcoe Street, Victoria BC, V8V 4W4