We are writing to you on the last day of 2020 with some great news for the New Year regarding COVID-19 immunizations.
We are delighted to let you know that the people who live in Broadmead Care Homes will soon have access to the COVID-19 vaccine for those who wish to receive it. Staff immunizations have already begun.
What you need to know
- The COVID-19 vaccination roll out is moving quickly and Island Health expects to start providing vaccinations to those living in long term care homes beginning the week of January 11.
- We have begun the consent process today:
- If a resident is able to give provide consent themselves, the Nurse will complete the consent form with them.
- All other residents’ Health Representative or Temporary Substitute Decision Maker will receive a phone call from Broadmead Care Nurses to obtain consent on their behalf.
- The vaccine that will be administered is the Moderna vaccine. Island Health will administer the vaccine to your loved one at the Care Home in which they live.
What you need to do
- If you are a Health Representative or Temporary Substitute Decision Maker, please be prepared for a phone call from Broadmead Care Nurse asking for consent to administer the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine to your loved one.
As we prepare to leave 2020 behind us, we once again want to thank you for the many ways you have supported the people who live and work in our Care Homes during this unique year. We are grateful for the resilience, kindness, generosity, and care that you have shown us, and that our staff have shown your loved ones and each other. Together we faced whatever came our way and together we enter 2021 with hope on the horizon. We wish you and your loved ones a very Happy New Year.