On Friday, April 22, 2022, we advised you that Island Health had declared an outbreak on the second floor of Beckley Farm Lodge. Today we need to let you know that, because of additional positive test results, Island Health has now declared an outbreak for all of Beckley Farm Lodge.
What you need to know
- Beckley Farm Lodge continues to be closed for social visits. Essential and designated visits may continue, following COVID-19 screening and protocols. You can read more about these categories of visitors on our website.
- Families have previously been asked to determine who their single designated visitor would be. This is one individual per resident who can visit for social purposes. This category of visitor has been known, over the course of the pandemic, as Designated Visitor, Single Designated Social Visitor, and Single Designated Visitor.
- The Adult Day Program continues to be suspended, in accordance with outbreak protocols.
- Thanks to the effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccine, residents are experiencing mild to moderate symptoms.
- Affected residents will remain in their rooms until symptoms are cleared. Residents will be monitored twice daily for symptoms of COVID-19.
- Residents who are positive are placed on droplet precautions for five days. Following this, they must wear a mask for an additional five days when leaving their room.
- Residents are receiving meals in their rooms, through tray service.
- All resident group activities have been temporarily discontinued.
- Please visit our Care Home Status and Visiting Information webpage for the most up to date information.
What you can do
- For more information, please contact Lorraine Gee, Care Home Manager, by email (Lorraine.Gee@broadmeadcare.com) or phone (250.381.4421, extension 234). Our priority is providing care, and as such, we ask that you only contact Mrs. Gee, so staff time can be focussed on your loved one.
- We invite you to use our Keep Connected webpage to send messages to your loved ones. You can send an email, or upload photos or videos for them, and we will share these with them as soon as we are able. You may also use this page to send messages of support to Beckley Farm Lodge staff, who are doing their utmost to care for your loved ones.
Since March 2020, together we have worked diligently to implement measures to protect the people who live and work at Beckley Farm Lodge. The health and wellbeing of your loved one and our staff has always been our priority. Together we will get through this latest challenge. We thank you for your ongoing support and understanding.
We will update the Care Home Status and Visiting Information page as we have more news to share.