We are writing today to let you know that Island Health has declared a COVID-19 outbreak at Veterans Memorial Lodge.
What you need to know
- Island Health declared an outbreak at Veterans Memorial Lodge today, August 22, 2022, on lodge A2 (Village Green).
- Village Green (A2) is closed for social visits, effective immediately. Essential, essential end-of-life, and single designated visits may continue, following COVID-19 screening and protocols. You can read more about these categories of visitors on our website.
- The affected area is under outbreak protocols. Affected residents will remain in their rooms until symptoms are cleared. All residents in the affected area will be monitored twice daily for symptoms of COVID-19.
- Staff will be assigned to A2, and will take their breaks there.
- All resident group activities on A2 will be temporarily discontinued.
- Please visit our Care Home Status and Visiting Information webpage for the most up to date information.
What you can do
- We invite you to use our Keep Connected webpage to send messages to your loved ones. You can send an email, or upload photos or videos for them, and we will share these with them as soon as we are able.
- We also invite you to use this page to send messages of thanks and support to the dedicated and compassionate staff members, who are working diligently to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as together we do all we can to protect the people who live and work with us. We will update the Care Home Status and Visiting Information page as we have more news to share.