Beckley Farm Lodge (BFL) is currently under enhanced surveillance measures after one of our team members tested positive for COVID-19. We are working closely with Island Health’s Medical Health Officer and Public Health team, and will keep you informed on a regular basis.
What you need to know
The team member last worked on Monday, September 20, 2021, and is now self-isolating at home. Island Health’s Public Health team have completed contact tracing and determined we are low risk for exposure.
The team member was not in contact with any residents; as a result no testing of your loved ones is required.
However, BFL is under enhanced surveillance. This means:
- All Broadmead Care team members continue to wear masks, in accordance with Ministry of Health Policy;
- Your loved ones are screened for COVID-19 symptoms twice a day;
- Team members will be screened twice daily during each shift;
- Visitors will continue to be screened before entering BFL; and,
- Enhanced cleaning protocols are in place.
You are welcome to visit BFL as usual, following all COVID-19 protocols currently in place. Residents remain welcome to go on outings. We will keep you informed on a regular basis, and as we have information to share. We have met several challenges during the past year-and-a-half, and together, we will get through this latest one. As a community of care, we will continue to do all we can to keep the people who live, work, and visit here as safe as possible.
President & CEO