Rest Haven Lodge offers a comprehensive and diverse program of social, recreational, and therapeutic programs to those who come into the Lodge for our Adult Day Program.
Rest Haven Lodge’s Adult Day Program provides recreational and meal programs in the Sidney community. The goal of these outreach programs is to reduce isolation and loneliness for seniors living in the community who have a wide range of physical and cognitive issues. Programming includes exercise classes, games, guided walks, and lunch and dinner outings.
Access to the Adult Day Program at Rest Haven Lodge is by referral through Island Health.
A Day in the Life of our Adult Day Program
- Exercise classes
- Memory improvement games
- Guided walks
- Enjoyable social and recreational activities
- Community outings
- Nutritious hot lunches or dinners
- Staffed by well qualified and trained Activity Workers
- Hours are 9:30am – 3pm, Monday through Saturday
The cost of the program is covered by Island Health, however, there are additional costs as follows:
- There is a $5 meal charge for each program day attended. Clients will be billed at the end of the month.
- The cost for a one-way trip on a Broadmead Care bus is $2.50 ($5.00 round trip). HandyDART is an alternative; tickets must be purchased from the HandyDART driver.
- At the time of admission, transportation options are reviewed with the clients or their family members to determine their needs based on their geographical area.
- Transportation options include the Broadmead Care Bus (Sidney area only), family, friends, taxi, or HandyDART.