Licensed Practical Nurse (2018-05)
Licensed Practical Nurse (2018-05)
Hourly Wage: $25.55 - $28.18
Location: The Veterans Memorial Lodge at Broadmead, Beckley Farm Lodge and Rest Haven Lodge
Closing Date: Open until filled
The LPN works under the supervision of the Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL). The LPN provides nursing care to residents and clients in collaboration with RNs, RPNs, LPNs and other health care providers within a multidisciplinary team.
The LPN carries out nursing functions related to the day-to-day care of clients and residents of The Lodge at Broadmead, Broadmead Care Society; including providing clinical direction to the Health Care Workers and delivering direct care to clients and residents, in accordance with the Professional Standards of Practice for Licensed Practical Nurses of BC and the Mission and Vision of the Broadmead Care Society.
DUTIES (as per LPN job description):
- Identifies client/resident/family’s actual and potential strengths and limitations including physiological, psychological, socio-cultural and spiritual needs.
- Contributes to the development and modification of the individualized client/resident care plan, including attending and providing input into inter-disciplinary care planning meetings and client/resident/family conferences.
- Performs nursing care and procedures and evaluates outcomes. Evaluates, processes and implements doctor’s orders. Administers medications to assigned clients/residents according to Lodge policies and procedures.
- Participates in admissions, discharges and transfers of clients/residents according to Lodge policies and procedures.
- Accurately documents and updates all relevant information about client/resident care and procedures to achieve client/resident safety and comfort.
- Communicates changes to the client/resident’s condition and care plan to the interdisciplinary team, doctor and family as appropriate.
- Provides clinical advice and direction to Health Care Workers in all areas related to client/resident care, including instructing and coordinating care staff and making daily assignments, monitoring performance and advising the CNL of any problems noted.
- Assists in the orientation and continuing education of new staff, students and other members of the health care team.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement and program evaluations activities, education sessions, team rounds and conferences, meetings and committees.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Residential Care and Community Programs
Graduate of a recognized practical nursing program; holds current, full licensure with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of BC; knowledge and competencies to work at full scope of practice as currently required by the CLPNBC, including administering medications; ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with clients, residents, families, co-workers, members of the inter-disciplinary team and the public; ability to deal with others effectively; ability to organize work and implement a plan of care; ability to operate related equipment; physical abilities to carry out the duties of the position.
Interviews may commence immediately.
For questions related to the position, please contact Kristi Osguthorpe, RN Team Leader at 250-658-0311 ext 216.
Your application should include a brief resume describing your qualifications for the position. Submit your application or resume with cover letter, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line in email should read: 2018-05 Licensed Practical Nurse (Auxiliary/On call).
You can also express your interest in this opportunity at “Work With Us” through our website: www.broadmeadcare.com
Kristi Osguthorpe, RN Team Leader
250-658-0311 ext 216