We are writing today to let you know that Island Health has declared a COVID-19 outbreak at Beckley Farm Lodge.
What you need to know
- Island Health declared an outbreak at Beckley Farm Lodge today, April 22, 2022, on the second floor.
- Beckley Farm Lodge is closed for social visits, effective immediately. Essential and designated visits may continue, following COVID-19 screening and protocols. You can read more about these categories of visitors on our website.
- The Adult Day Program has been temporarily suspended, in accordance with outbreak protocols.
- The affected area is under outbreak protocols. Affected residents will remain in their rooms until symptoms are cleared. All residents in the affected area will be monitored twice daily for symptoms of COVID-19.
- Staff have been assigned to the second floor, and will take their breaks there.
- All resident group activities on the second floor will be temporarily discontinued.
- Please visit our Care Home Status and Visiting Information webpage for the most up to date information.
What you can do
- We invite you to use our Keep Connected webpage to send messages to your loved ones. You can send an email, or upload photos or videos for them, and we will share these with them as soon as we are able.
- We also invite you to use this page to send messages of thanks and support to the dedicated and compassionate staff members, who are working diligently to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as together we do all we can to protect the people who live and work with us. We will update the Care Home Status and Visiting Information page as we have more news to share.