Thanks so much to everyone who participated in our Family Survey this year. We had 249 responses – the largest to date. We really appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to sharing the results with you in our next newsletter.
You also asked great questions. Here’s a sneak peek of two of the most commonly asked questions:
Where can I find information about upcoming events at your Care Homes?
Activities calendars are found in each Care Home, and are also available on each Care Home’s page on the website. Scroll down and click on ‘View our activity calendar’ to see the current month’s calendar.
What is a Family Council?
A Family Council is a group of families and friends of residents at Care Homes whose purpose is to enhance the quality of life, wellbeing, and happiness of all residents by promoting caring and trust among residents, staff, families and friends. The purpose of the Council is to:
- Enhance the quality of life of all residents.
- Identify issues and act as advocates for the residents to assure quality of care for all residents.
- Provide moral support to members.
- Promote communication between family members, administration, and staff.
- Arrange educational opportunities for families and friends of residents.
- Participate and provide input into the development of policies, accreditation and special programs at the Care Home with the invitation of the administration.
- Promote a positive and open-minded attitude towards all residents, their families and friends, and staff.
Family Councils also socialize! Our meetings provide an opportunity for members to get to know each other, and support one another. The COVID-19 pandemic put a halt to in-person gatherings, but when we’re able, we’ll start those again.
We’d love for you to get involved, so speak with staff at your Care Home for more information, or access more information in your Care Home’s Family Handbook: